Every Day is a Great Day to Play at CMEC!
With exciting, hands-on programs happening every day, the Children’s Museum offers experiential education for pint-sized visitors and their grown-up companions. Want to know what’s happening at the Museum during your visit? Check out the Programming Calendar.
Our drop-in programs are facilitated by professional Museum play-ologists to ensure maximum fun AND education! All drop-in programs are free with your Museum membership or admission.
- Super Small Science
Tuesdays at 11:30a
Introduce your preschool scientist to STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics) with this hands-on Museum program! Squish, mix, observe and experiment as you discover science on a toddler level! Free with Museum membership or admission.
- Get Up & Go
Wednesdays at 10:00a
Designed to keep your kiddos moving, these fun and physical games teach teamwork and skills that carry home to your own living room! Free with Museum membership or admission.
- Mini Makers
Thursdays at 10:00a
Get your hands on basic building! Create cool projects using real tools of the trade. Free with Museum membership or admission.
- Paint-Your-Own-Face Station
Thursdays from 9a-7p
Help your little one develop their sense of individuality by letting them paint their own face! Every Thursday, across from BodySmarts, grab a crayon and get your stage makeup on. Create your own character and watch out world!
- Parachute Playtime
Fridays at 11:30a
Get ready to sing, dance and play with our GIANT parachute! Meet upstairs next to the big blue blocks every Friday for kids 3 and up. Free with Museum membership or admission.
- Planetarium Show: Sky Stories!
Check Programming Calendar
Lie down under the stars and learn about our great galaxy during a show in our inflatable Planetarium dome. Shows are free with your membership or admission. A sign-up sheet is posted outside the Failsafe Lab 30 minutes prior to each show. Check the Programming Calendar to find out when the next show will be, and make sure you're on time! Shows start promptly at their start time and unfortunately late visitors cannot be admitted.
There’s always something new to discover in our interactive programming spaces with projects and tabletop activity centers that change every week! Try your hand at:
- The Art Cafe - Like arts and crafts? Then you'll LOVE the Art Cafe! Little ones (and not-so-little ones alike!) can explore our Almost World Famous Play Dough as they mold, sculpt and squish to their hearts content. Artists can also put on a smock and experiment with paint or grab the latest coloring sheets! Visit the Gallery Wall to see work from our current Artist-in-Residence and collaborate with them on a project!
- The Exploratorium - A true play station, visit this lower level hangout to explore and interact with big-scale toys and giant-sized games! Designed to keep your kiddos moving, it's the perfect indoor space to get the wiggles out and develop their gross motor movement in super fun ways.
- Failsafe Fab Lab + Makerspace - In the Failsafe Lab, be inspired by the idea that failure is the only true way to success. This is where STEAM comes to life: Science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics. We're blending the digital era with analog. We'll give you the tools and let you tinker, build, program, design, take apart, construct, revise and create. Take part in a child-led activity and you'll be amazed at what they come up with.