Every Day is a Great Day to Play at CMEC!
With exciting, hands-on programs happening every day, the Children’s Museum offers experiential education for pint-sized visitors and their grown-up companions. Want to know what’s happening at the Museum during your visit? Check out the Programming Calendar.
Our drop-in programs are facilitated by professional Museum play-ologists to ensure maximum "edu-tainment"! All drop-in programs are free with your Museum Membership or Admission.
- Super Small Science
Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 11:30a
Introduce your preschool scientist to STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) with this hands-on Museum program! Squish, mix, observe and experiment as you discover Nano-a very small science! Free with Museum Membership or Admission. Limited to the first 10 child-caregiver pairs. Don't forget your lab coat!
- Paint-Your-Own-Face Station
Thursdays from 9a-7p
Help your little one develop their sense of individuality by letting them paint their own face! Every Thursday, swing by Show Business, grab a brush and get your stage makeup on. Create your own character and watch out world!
- Parachute Playtime
Fridays at 11:30a
Get ready to sing, dance and play with our GIANT parachute! Meet upstairs next to the big blue blocks every Friday for kids 4 and up. Free with Museum Membership or Admission.
- Planetarium Show: Sky Stories!
Check Programming Calendar
Lie down under the stars and learn about our great galaxy during a show in our inflatable Planetarium dome. Shows are free with your membership or admission. Check the Programming Calendar to find out when the next show will be, and make sure you're on time! Shows start promptly at their start time and unfortunately late visitors cannot be admitted.
There’s always something new to discover in our interactive programming spaces with projects and tabletop activity centers that change every week! Try your hand at:
- The Art Cafe - Like arts and crafts? Then you'll LOVE the Art Cafe! Grab some crayons and pull up a stool to the Color Bar, try out your hand at the "Flavor of the Day" art project, see what you can create at the Trash-to-Treasure hunt station, or visit the Gallery to see work from our current Artist-in-Residence and collaborate with them on a project! No matter when you visit, the Art Cafe is always open for pint-size piccassos and masterpiece making
- Sensory Lab - Little ones (and not-so-little ones alike!) can explore our Almost World Famous Play Dough as they mold, sculpt and squish to their hearts content. Sensory Lab visitors can also put on a smock and experiment with Paint Processes or visit the sensory tables for new stuff to discover every week!
- Discovery Zone - A true play station, visit the Discovery Zone explore games, puzzles, musical instruments, toys, manipulatives, ispy bottles as well as a selection of products from the Museum's Gift Shop! There's something new to discover every week!