SUMMARY OF JOB SCOPE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for the supervision and basic care of children, for assisting Lead Teacher in preparing and conducting a play based environment, helping prepare materials for creating provocations and invitations to explore which provide a developmentally age and stage appropriate curriculum, assisting Lead Teacher in any other daily tasks, and for maintaining compliance with all related regulations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Assist Lead Teacher in preparing and carrying out age appropriate environments and provocations that promote imagination and creativity.
● Help to prepare, manage, and facilitate the classroom environment and daily exploration and play.
● Refer to and reference Wisconsin Model EarlyLearning Standards in lessons and activities.
● Communicate and collaborate with the LeadTeacher in the classroom in all daily tasks.
● Develop and sustain relationships with families and children within the classroom.
2. Manage and provide basic care to all children and classroom space
● Help promote children’s independence in the classroom environment and assist with developmentally appropriate self care.
● Keep classroom tidy, including messes made during the day from art, meals, etc.
● Based on age group of children, Basic care includes but is not limited to:
o diapering, hand and face washing, serving meals, bottle feeding, toilet training/assisting
● Daily outside play supervision and management
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Perform other duties and assignments.
● Interact with all CMEC visitors in a friendly, professional manner.
● Demonstrate appropriate use of spaces and exhibits.
● Assist in training new assistant staff members in daily tasks and the importance of play.
● Performs other duties as assigned by Lead Teacher and/or Supervisor.
● Experience in EarlyChildhood Education preferred, not required.
● Certifications, training, experience or interest in Reggio Emilia or Montessori philosophies preferred, not required.
● Energetic, enthusiastic person who understands the unique mission of CMEC and attentiveness toward the growth and development of the whole child.
● Demonstrated experience working with children 0-6 and their families.
● Organized with ability to initiate and implement projects with minimal direction or supervision.
● Creative team-player with a strong commitment to hands-on learning and child-directed play.
● Ability to create and retain relationships with families and the community.
● Possess state of Wisconsin driver’s license and access to own vehicle.
● Demonstrate verbal and written communication as well as organizational skills.
● Ability to relate well to people of all ages and backgrounds and work successfully as a team player.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
This position requires the ability to do one or more of the following throughout the day:stand, walk, sit, bend and reach above and below shoulder level. Involves frequent repetitive motion (typing, filing, etc.). The noise level in the work environment is variable and unpredictable, ranging from quiet to loud.
PAY SCALE LEVEL: $27,000-$33,000 salary
SCHEDULE: 20-25 hours per week, or 40-45 Hours per week, Between the hours of 6:00am-6:00pm
To Apply - Email Sarah at email@example.com