SUMMARY OF JOB SCOPE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for the supervision of children, for preparing and conducting a play based environment, creating provocations and invitations to explore which provide a developmentally age and stage appropriate curriculum, for on-going observation and assessment of children, and for maintaining compliance with all related regulations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Develop age appropriate environments and provocations that promote imagination and creativity.
● Plan, manage, and facilitate the classroom environment and daily exploration and play.
● Refer to and reference Wisconsin Model EarlyLearning Standards in lessons and activities.
● Help promote children’s independence in the classroom environment and provide opportunities for developmentally appropriate self care.
● Communicate and collaborate with staff assisting in the classroom.
● Develop and sustain relationships with families and children within the classroom.
● Plan and implement evaluation and observation methods.
2. Manage and implement community and family outreach opportunities
● Work closely with Eau Claire and surrounding communities to organize field trip visits and that align with curriculum standards.
● Organize education opportunities with community member experts like artists, scientists, etc.
● Collaborate with family members and plan events to welcome parents and guardians to join alongside their child's learning.
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Perform other duties and assignments.
● Interact with all CMEC visitors in a friendly, professional manner.
● Demonstrate appropriate use of spaces and exhibits.
● Manage program supply inventory and report any needs to the program Director.
● Assist in training new assistant staff members in daily tasks, child development and the importance of play.
● Keep classroom tidy and organized.
● Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
● Bachelor’s or Associate Degree inEarly Childhood Education preferred.
● Certifications, training, experience or interest in Reggio Emilia or Montessori philosophies preferred, not required.
● Energetic, enthusiastic person who understands the unique mission of CMEC and attentiveness toward the growth and development of the whole child.
● Demonstrated experience working with children 0-6 and their families.
● Experience creating developmentally-appropriate curriculum to foster learning through play.
● Organized with ability to initiate and implement projects with minimal direction or supervision.
● Creative team-player with a strong commitment to hands-on learning and child-directed play.
● Ability to create and retain relationships with families and the community.
● Possess state of Wisconsin driver’s license and access to own vehicle.
● Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office, and content management systems.
● Demonstrate verbal and written communication as well as organizational skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
This position requires the ability to do one or more of the following throughout the day: stand, walk, sit, bend and reach above and below shoulder level. Involves frequent repetitive motion (typing, filing, etc.). The noise level in the work environment is variable and unpredictable, ranging from quiet to loud.
PAY SCALE LEVEL: $36,000-$42,000 salary
SCHEDULE: 40-45 hours per week, Between the hours of 6:00am-6:00pm
To Apply - Send your resume to Sarah at email@example.com